Global Hematological Cancers 2016 : Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecast – Acute Market Reports
Hematological malignancies are a class of cancer that affect the blood, lymph nodes and bone marrow, and include numerous forms of leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Hematological malignancies constituted 9% of all newly diagnosed malignancies in the US in 2011, with data indicating that lymphomas are more prevalent than leukemia or myeloma. Excluding acute lymphocytic leukemia and Hodgkin’s lymphoma, these types of malignancy are generally associated with increasing age. Therefore, considering the aging population globally, this class of malignancy is likely to become more prevalent.
The report assesses first-in-class innovation in the hematological cancer pipeline, highlighting key trends in first-in-class product distribution. Analysis reveals that the hematological cancer pipeline is among the most innovative in the industry, with 463 first-in-class products, representing 45.3% of the pipeline with a disclosed molecular target.
The first-in-class targets in the pipeline are numerous and varied in nature. Cancer immunotherapies are the most common, with a total of 128 across all stages of development, followed by the signal transduction group of targets. The most commercially successful targeted drugs in the market fall into these two categories, including Rituxan (a cancer immunotherapy) and Gleevec (a signal transducer). The other target families have much fewer first-in-class products, reflecting the strong interest in cancer immunotherapies and targets implicated in signal transduction.
Over the past 15 years, the treatment of hematological malignancies has changed significantly, with the development of targeted therapies. These developments have been based on the growing understanding of the signaling pathways involved in disease pathogenesis. A notable example is the approval of Rituxan in 1997, which is used to treat multiple types of hematological malignancies, including Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Analysis indicates that the current pipeline is following this trend of focusing on innovative, targeted therapies.
The hematological cancers market is characterized by commercially successful therapies.
– Which classes of drug dominate the market?
– What additional benefits have newly approved therapies brought to the market?
The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, with a strong emphasis on targeted therapies, as opposed to chemotherapeutic agents.
– Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
– To what degree is the pipeline penetrated by first-in-class innovation?
– Which target families have the most first-in-class products?
First-in-class products differ substantially in their clinical potential, based on their alignment to disease-causing pathways.
– How well are first-in-class targets aligned to known disease-causing pathways?
– Which targets are specifically found in early-stage development?
– Which are the most promising first-in-class targets in early-stage development?
There have been 284 licensing deals and 238 co-development deals pertaining to hematological cancer products since 2006.
– Which territories show the most deal activity?
– What were the trends in deal completion by product stage of development?
– Which of the first-in-class products in development are not currently involved in a licensing or co-development deal, and therefore represent investment opportunities?
Browse All Reports of This Category – http://www.acutemarketreports.com/category/healthcare-market
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape. It includes a comprehensive study of disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis and the treatment options available.
– Visualize the composition of the hematological cancers market in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, highlighting what the current unmet needs are and how they can be addressed. This knowledge allows a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
– Analyze the hematological cancers pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target. There are strong signs in the pipeline that the industry is seeking novel approaches to treating hematological cancers.
– Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets. Using a proprietary matrix, first-in-class products have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential. Promising early-stage targets have been reviewed in greater detail.
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 3
2 Executive Summary 5
2.1 Significant Unmet Needs Persist in Hematological Cancer Market 5
2.2 Large Hematological Cancer Pipeline Displays Strong Degree of Innovation 5
2.3 Leuekmia Displays Most Pipeline Activity among Hematological Cancer Indications 5
3 The Case for Innovation in Hematological Cancers 6
3.1 Growing Number of Opportunities for Biologic Products 7
3.2 Diversification of Molecular Targets 7
3.3 Innovative First-in-Class Product Developments Remain Attractive 7
3.4 Regulatory and Reimbursement Policy Shifts Favor First-in-Class Product Innovation 8
3.5 Sustained Innovation 8
Our Blogs :-
Acute Market Reports is the most sufficient collection of market intelligence services online. It is your only source that can fulfill all your market research requirements.We provide online reports from over 100 best publishers and upgrade our collection regularly to offer you direct online access to the world’s most comprehensive and recent database with expert perceptions on worldwide industries, products, establishments and trends.
Our team consists of highly motivated market research professionals and they are accountable for creating the groundbreaking technology that we utilize in our search engine operations to easily recognize the most current market research reports online.
Contact Us :
ACUTE MARKET REPORTS
Office No 101, 1st Floor ,
Aditi Mall, Baner,
Pune, MH, 411045
Toll Free(US/CANADA): +1-855-455-8662
India: +91 7755981103
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.acutemarketreports.com